In this article we talk about a web analytics platform little known but is increasingly positioning itself as one of the best of its kind.
This product is no longer in stock
This time we are talking about a web analytics platform little known but is increasingly positioning itself as one of the best of its kind. Its use is no longer limited to small or medium-sized enterprises; but, T-Mobile, Sharp and Forbes are already using it.
Piwik is a platform web analytics open source tool written in PHP and using MySQL database, which replaced there in 2007 to phpMyVisits introducing an API to access data, user interface and modern graphics, Somethings that its predecessor lacked.
Another important thing is that no sampling, so our measurement is performed on all the data captured, not part of them, how about sampling is done from Google Analytics free version.
Piwik offers like other web analyzers, reports relating to the geographical location of the visits, home visits, technical information software that uses the visitor (browser type, screen size, operating system, etc.), which did visitors (internal pages visited, actions they took, how they left the website), time of visits and much more.
In addition to these reports, Piwik provides other features for analysis of data is accumulated, such as:
• Annotations - The ability to save notes (such as analysis of one of the data).
• Transitions - You can see how visitors navigate a website.
• Objectives - The possibility of setting targets for the shares to be for visitors (such as visiting a page or buy a product). Piwik tracks the number of visits that result in the attainment of the objective.
• E-commerce - The ability to track purchases and how people spend on a website.
• Overlapping pages - A function that displays the data analysis superimposed on top of a web page.
• Custom Variables - The ability to attach data such as a user name, to review the data.
Piwik also provides features that are not directly related to the analysis of web traffic, including:
• Privacy options - the ability to anonymize IP addresses, data tracking regular cleaning (do not report data), choose to support or not follow up.
• Reports - Sent by e-mail or text message.
• Record Import - Use script to import data from Web server logs.
• The API - Each report is accessible through a web API, as well as almost all administrative functions. Any program can be created to use this API.
• The mobile application - a free mobile application is provided for users to access their data analysis on your phone.
Piwik also has high capacity for integration with third-party applications, including CMS systems like WordPress or Drupal e-commerce applications such as Magento or PrestaShop, bulletin board systems such as phpBB, and many more.
In short, we can say that this is a promising tool, which continues every day to grow and improve thanks to the contribution of a growing community of users, so from here we invite you to use Piwik try, really not disappointed.
Until next time.
NO registration required!
If the question you have has not yet been answered here, use the form below to ask something about this addon.